Empower is a free employment support service for residents of Southwark. Its aim is to provide bespoke guidance for individuals seeking to gain further training, a work placement or a job, but are restricted by a criminal record, or previous contact with the criminal justice system.
With a team of trained advisers, Empower offers one-to-one support through the whole job search process, from writing a CV, to the first day in new employment. We help people gain the skills, confidence and understanding needed to secure sustainable employment.
Additionally we offer accredited training opportunities and specific guidance and advice about previous convictions in the employment process. Let’s not let past convictions, define your employment future.
WHAT WE OFFER
• One-to-one support
• Tailored and personalised action plan
• Information, Advice and Guidance
• Identify transferable skills (Skill health check)
• Professional CV creation
• Confidence building and motivation
• Job search support and job brokerage service
• Basic computer skills (word, excel, internet and email)
• Customer care
• Criminal records disclosure
• Self-employment course
• Other relevant trainings or courses as identified
NEED SOME QUALIFICATIONS?
We offer accredited training in the following topics:
• Health and safety in the workplace
• COSHH (control of substances hazardous to health)
• Food hygiene
• First Aid at Work
• Manual handling
WANT TO JOIN?
Do you have a Criminal Record(s) or been cautioned by the Police before?
Is this a barrier to employment?
Do you live in Southwark?
Call and ask to speak to our Empower adviser now on
020 7732 0007
OR VISIT US?
Our offices are open 9.30am till 4.30pm Monday to Friday at Pecan, 121A Peckham High Street, London SE15 5SE